Contact lenses give you a crisp, full field of vision and a freedom of movement, without glasses getting in the way.
Contacts lenses versus glasses
Here are some of the reasons why contact lenses have a sporting advantage:
- Lenses give you clear all-round vision, so you can track a ball without the frames of your glasses restricting your view.
- They don’t slip down your nose when you sweat.
- They don’t pick up reflections that distort your view.
- You can wear contact lenses for gymnastics, martial arts or any other sport that may involve a tumble.
- They can be worn with masks, helmets or any other type of sporting headgear.
- They don’t bounce up and down when you are out jogging or taking an aerobics class.
- They won’t break if something or someone accidentally hits you in the face.
- Unlike glasses, you don’t regularly take them on and off, so you won’t have to worry about losing them.
- You can wear them under your goggles on the ski slopes.
- They don't mist up or get splashed by the rain on runs or climbs, so you can clearly see the next sturdiest spot for your footing.
All ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses have ultraviolet filters to help protect your eyes from the sun’s harmful rays, whichever outdoor activity you fancy1.
Which contact lenses are best for sport?
Choose daily disposable lenses such as 1-DAY ACUVUE® TruEye®, 1-DAY ACUVUE® MOIST® or 1-DAY ACUVUE® MOIST® for ASTIGMATISM. You can wear them once and then discard them, without the fuss of cleaning. Plus you won’t have your lens case to clean and carry, leaving you free to focus on your sport.
See our article about contact lenses for sport to find out more about why, when it comes to your vision and favourite sport – contact lenses are a winner.
1. UV absorbing contact lenses are NOT substitutes for protective UV absorbing eyewear such as UV absorbing goggles or sunglasses because they do not completely cover the eye and surrounding area. You should continue to use UV absorbing eyewear as directed by your eye care practitioner.