Whether you’ve been wearing glasses for years or you have just discovered your vision needs correcting, contact lenses are a great choice for crisp, clear vision.
It’s perfectly fine to wear your contact lenses all day long, as long as your eye care practitioner agrees. Or you may prefer to alternate between lenses and glasses. The great thing about contact lenses is they fit around you, whatever your lifestyle.
Why wear contact lenses instead of glasses?
Contact lenses give you the freedom to look and live the way you want without glasses getting in the way.
Here are some of the reasons why contact lenses are a better choice than glasses:
- They aren’t so heavy and cumbersome.
- Unlike glasses they don’t bounce around, slip down your nose or fall off when you’re active.
- You don’t have to worry about breaking them.
- Lenses move with your eye to give you a full field of vision, so you can spot things out of the corner of your eye.
- They won’t pick up reflections, get splashed or steam up – whatever the weather.
- A face without glasses gives you a more natural look.
- They are harder to lose.
- If you do lose or break them, they are more cheaply and easily replaced.
- You can create different looks for every occasion and show off your eye make-up.
- You can wear the latest style of fashionable, non-prescription sunglasses.
- You can wear them for an active lifestyle, such as to enjoy crisp vision on the ski slopes. And they won’t interfere with your headgear.
- You won’t have to remember to take your glasses everywhere with you, just in case you need to read something, such as a menu or notice.
- They don’t rub against your ears or pinch your nose.
There are many more reasons why contact lenses are a great alternative to glasses.
Read more about the benefits of contact lenses.
Something stopping you make the move to contact lenses?
There are lots of myths about contact lenses, such as your eyes need to take a “rest” from them to give them time to “breathe”. If you are concerned about wearing contact lenses, take a look at our contact lens myth buster so you can separate the facts from the myths.
If you have been slow to make the move to contact lenses, it may be that the idea of putting in lenses is putting you off. Just ask any contact lens wearer and they’ll tell you you’ve nothing to worry about!
Putting in and taking out your contact lenses is quick and easy. Your eye care practitioner will show you how and you can also follow our simple, step-by-step guide here. You’ll only have to put in your lenses a couple of times before it becomes second nature.
Time to take the contact lens plunge?
If you’d like to try contact lenses, read all about how to get contact lenses.
You’ll soon be enjoying the freedom contact lenses give your life, look and vision.